Safeguarding and Child Protection
We believe that child abuse and neglect are contraventions of a child’s human rights and are impediments to the child’s education as well as to their personal, physical, emotional and social development.
We also believe that schools fill a special institutional role in society as guardians of children. Schools need to ensure that all children in their care are provided with safe and secure environment in which to grow and develop. The School has a comprehensive Child Protection Policy in place and all staff receives formal training.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Program includes:
- Training for faculty and all other employees to recognize signs of suspected abuse and to follow appropriate convention for responding and reporting.
- Focus on prevention with age appropriate lessons provided to educate students on personal safety.
- Keeping parents and students well informed about the Child Protection Policy.
- Extensive background checks for all employees and faculty prior to hiring.
- A Code of Conduct that guides interactions between adults and children.
- Compliance with Haryana state law.