Academic excellence is at the core of everything we do at LIS. Considered to be one of the top primary schools in Gurgaon, LIS aims to ensure that our students benefit from latest knowledge and learning tools on the path to gaining a strong foundation for the rest of their lives. The faculty members at the primary school personalize teaching and learning practices to each child’s interest, ability levels and learning style.
Primary School Principal
With student agency, the learning community collaborates to create classroom conditions that uncover conceptual understandings and achieve academic excellence. This practice produces critical and creative thinkers, problem-posers and solvers, and makes for effective communicators and happy inquirers.
Strong academic education comes from quality curriculum, small class sizes, technologically advanced teaching aids, Response to Intervention (RTI) programme, and careful monitoring of every student’s progress.
The curriculum framework includes inquiry design projects, flexible and collaborative group work, educational trips, student choice boards and learning menus, open classroom setting, homework (taking learning further) and ongoing assessments.
Competitive Approach to Learning
- International curriculum benchmarks
- Personalised learning
- Progressive and positive curriculum
- Inclusive education
- Passionate and highly qualified teachers
- Caring community
Research-based teaching practices used in primary school:
- Using questioning strategies to promote student engagement and understanding
- Providing feedback that is specific, timely, and meaningful
- Creating opportunities for students to work collaboratively to promote problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Fostering a classroom environment that is positive and supportive
Students Progress PYP Grades 1 to 5 have achieved the following numbers from September 2022 – March 2023.
Average Quiz Score
Number of Quizzes Taken
Quiz pass Rate