Young children moving to nursery schools in Gurgaon are getting ready to start with their learning process. Introduction to concepts like reading and writing will help children enhance their intellect. Although they will not be able to write sentences let alone words, as they are just about starting to learn alphabets. However, you can start with some activities that will help to make this process easier for them.
Toddlers and young children have a very short attention span. Moreover, keeping their interest in a task for long is a challenge not only for you. Even teachers of nursery school your child goes to keep a list of activities to entertain them throughout the day. We are listing some of the activities that your child can do at home and school as well to help in the writing exercise.
Top Nursery Schools in Gurgaon Start with Few Fun Activities
First and foremost the children have to learn how to write down letters. Only after this, they can move to the next step of writing words and sentences. For this complete process, certain skills are required like hand-eye coordination and other motor skills. Thus, to improve and enhance these skills parents and teachers can try the following activities.
Best Nursery Schools in Gurgaon Help to Tracing Name
Once the child is writing down alphabets in some order, it is time to take this process to next level. Writing letters in a pattern to form words can be boring for many kids. However, if it is to learn their name, the result can be quite different. For this process, you will require a blank paper, highlighter, and marker. To proceed follow the steps below –
- It will be a fun and interesting activity for your child as it will get him to write his own name.
- Firstly write down the child’s name with a marker on the paper.
- Write the first alphabet as a capital letter and rest in lower case.
- Now pass the paper over to the child to trace the name with the highlighter.
- Teachers in the top nursery school generally repeat this activity numerous times. It helps the child to know how to write down his name.
- However, parents and teachers both should remember that children move at their own pace. It will take time and practice for the child to learn to write his name.
Top Nursery Schools in Gurgaon Practice Cutouts for Fine Motor Skills
The next exercise that will help your child to learn writing words and sentences easily is improving their motor skills. When you work on their hand-eye coordination, they are able to trace letters and make words smoothly. For this, you will require old magazines and picture books along with child-friendly scissors so they do not hurt themselves. For this activity follow the tips below –
- As the child concentrates to cut pictures from a magazine they improve on their fine motor skills.
- Give them the freedom to choose what they want to cut. It could be a picture of their favorite toy like cars and dolls, or food.
- Moreover, it is seen in best nursery schools in Gurgaon that teachers encourage the cutting of letters.
- This manner of cutting is more interesting and fun for children than working on same old boring lines. Thus, they are generally able to keep the interest of children for a longer period.
Working with Play Dough for Tracing Letters
The best part about nursery schools is that children new concepts through games and activities. They do not have to sit down with paper and pencil to learn. Simple playing materials like clay and play dough can aid in writing exercises. This is one activity that you can initiate anywhere from home and classroom to playground and parties. All you need is play dough and then follow the instructions below –
- Firstly ask the child to make balls out of the play dough and change them into ropes of about 5-6 inches.
- Now using the rope try and make a letter of their choice. If they are having trouble with it, they can copy the image of the letter you have drawn on a paper.
- This not only helps with hand movement to make letter but also aids in writing skills for the future.
The above activities, although can help to start on writing the concept, it is important to remember that children need to practice. Parents and teachers of nursery schools in Gurgaon need to work together to make this a regular occurrence. Only once they perform these tasks regularly will they benefit from it.