Safety Measures Against Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the ongoing spread of coronavirus in our region, the school has decided to take certain necessary precaut
- If your child has dry cough or fever we would advise you to keep them at home and seek medical help immediately.
- We request our parents to keep us updated of any travel plans or guests visiting from across borders to ensure safety measures for all.
- Every person visiting the campus must get their temperature checked at the school gate.
- Our teachers will make sure that the students get water break every 15 minutes and to wash their hands frequently.
- We highly recommend parents to provide alcohol based mini hand sanitisers if they can, for their own child’s use.
- Our teachers and Nurses will be talking to them regularly regarding the safety measures against coronavirus.
- We advise students to start wearing masks while on transit to and from school.
- School campus is being sanitized on a daily basis.
- School related trips, workshops or gathering would be suspended.
Suspend Sports and Extra Curricular Activities:
All sports, extra curricular and large group activities such as assemblies and celebrations should be suspended. Also, visiting teams are no more permitted in the school campus and exposure of children to public gatherings and field trips should be minimized until the end of March.
The school reserves the right to deny entry in school if the answer is “Yes” to any of the below.
- All parents are required to be informed and impose a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine if they have travelled or exposed themselves or their child to travelers from affected countries. The affected countries are China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Italy, Thailand, Singapore, Iran, Malaysia, France, Spain and Germany but can change as required.
- Children suffering from fever or exhibiting symptoms of a respiratory illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat and difficulty in breathing).
- Children and staff members who have a temperature reading of 37.6 Celsius / 99.7 Fahrenheit or higher.
- Children who had fever and/or medication in the last 48 hours.
Travel and Health Declaration Form:
In consideration to the global health emergency brought about by the COVID-19 disease, our commitment to safety and wellbeing of school community, we require that you complete this travel and health declaration form.
The information herein will be treated as an official statement from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information.
Temperature Screening and Health Checks:
Parents should take precautions at home and seek out proper care of children if they experience symptoms of corona virus.
- Daily temperature checks for school staff members, children and visitors.
- Staff to be highly alert and also required to undergo temperature checks.
- Ensure that school nurses and other health professionals are equipped with appropriate protective equipments to safeguard the virus from spreading.
Enhanced Screening and Safety Measures:
Lancers International School will be taking periodic temperature checks on students and other staff members. To keep our nurses’ focus on these measures, non-critical medical issues will be handled at the respective elementary, middle, and high school offices. LIS will provide masks to sick students and workers who are coming to the school.
The school housekeeping staff is taking extra precautionary measures and has been disinfecting all entry surfaces—door handles, door knobs, staircase railings, regularly three times a day.
Teachers are regularly reminding students to wash their hands and use alcohol based sanitizers.
We have started online classes that will provide absent students with daily work. Homeroom teachers will be sending you an invitation to join the sessions.
Online classes will also provide students the access to submit their assignments so it is easier for the teachers to monitor student’s work and provide feedback. The assignments/tasks will only be assigned to children who are not present in the school.
We recommend parents to contact teachers to receive the necessary study material. As a school, we know it is difficult to be away from school and we will work hard to support you during this interval away from school.
Leave of Absence (LOA):
- In addition, all students who have family members living in their household who have travelled specifically to or from Mainland China after January 13 must remain home until at least two weeks.
- All students who have fever should be sent back home immediately. If the student has not travelled in the last two weeks, the students may return to school after being fever free/symptom free for 48 hours-without the use of fever-reducing medication. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s health, please check with your doctor
about the right dose for your child.
- All students who have not travelled to China but have travelled to other countries outside of India after February 2 nd and who also exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness (e.g., coughing, sneezing, sore throat, difficulty in breathing) must receive clearance from a doctor before joining back school.
Please do not hesitate to email us if you wish to know more. We require all our parents to be vigilant and be notified by the WHO notifications and reminders regarding Covid-19.